Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Happy Halloween 2008



This is how I celebrated this morning. Orange Pancakes. I always home make my pancakes. Below is Elise's favorite recipe. We call them Caillou Pancakes.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 whole egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
maple syrup

Steps:
Melt butter (I do this in the microwave). Add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add egg and milk too. Mix together with hand mixer until smooth. (For the orange color, I used food coloring!)
Obviously, heat up your pan, and your syrup and cook the pancakes!! YUMMY!!


The Party LAST night.



Mike's Aunt Sharon, who lives two doors down, but it is a LONG walk.
Hosted a Halloween party for her nieces and nephews KIDS!! She is awesome!

This is Tina (Mike's cousin) dancing with the kids. We are so glad she was able to make it into town for Halloween. She lives in Connecticut. She hates it there.
But says the trees are pretty!

More dancing. You can see Uncle Brad playing the piano. He ROCKS! Look at little Preston in black. He loves to spin and jive. Little Ashton the Tiger is ROAR on the dance floor.


Uncle Brad plays in a for real band. They played at my wedding reception. Terrific job, all the time!! They play local gigs and weddings.
Mostly oldies and some originals.

Little Preston helping clean up the stepping stones (aka napkins) the kids used
for their musical chairs game.


Aha! Here are the pics of the musical chairs game on pumpkin napkins that turned out to be a money maker!! Aunt Sharon would give the kids that found a pumpkin napkin to stand on a nickel or penny
when Uncle Brad quit playing the piano! So fun!


Here is Ella-Bella-Tinker-Bella.

Have you met my littlest CowGirl Friend? Looks a lot like Jessie from Toy Story.
But she is Reagan.

This is how Elise left for school YESTERDAY. It was cold, but her Gryffindor cloak is really thick. And she wore MY witch hat. She's so cute. She wanted to take her broom, but the school said no props, so, no broom.










1 comment:

The Wiseman Life said...

Found your blog and I am loving it...so much fun to reconnect. So where are you living???
Your pancakes look great. I think I am going to have to whip them up for Sunday breakfast! mmmmmm!