Hey Friends and Family,
Thanks. I just had to say Thanks! Your comments on my last post (for Elise, by Elise mostly) were perfect and I read them often. Thank you SO much for your support, your love and your happiness for our little surprise package! Mike and I are VERY excited, nervous and quite surprised ourselves still. And having your comments to read (and YOUR blogs) while I sit at the kitchen table feeling little tiny kicks and punches is just so unreal and so wonderful and so incredible and I seriously feel like I need to be pinched, but then I get kicked again so I guess that counts.
I've got another thing to be thankful for (in addition to BILLIONS of other things). Mike must have hit his head when he fell off a roof the other week (he swears it was only a 3 foot drop, but yeah, whatever) and he decided sometime between whenever and this past weekend to take me and our daughter to Hawaii next month. Yes, December. Yes, the month of Christmas. Yes for Christmas and our anniversary (the 29th of EVERY December). What a gift!! He wanted to literally surprise me with tickets in hand, but he knows me and knows the stress that would cause. So he decided to just surprise me by telling me he was thinking about it. THAT was surprise enough, and I did ask him if he hit his head. But I digress, we are going. He finally bought our airfare, and I got "approval" from my OB and my chiro though the chiro said we'd both be in better shape when we come back if we take him with us... there's a thought!! I did ask, Mike said no.
So we'll be off mid-December to a place I only dreamed about ever going to, and we are taking our daughter. I'm thrilled beyond measure at this chance to create memories for her, and for me! Hopefully a 9 day stay will be long enough, but not too long. I already hate laundry, and being in a bathing suit so we'll have to see!
I'll post pics from the First Grade Thanksgiving Program tomorrow. I've got to get on top of the laundry again. I mean folding and putting away and more washing, not literally on TOP of it. Just get it done. Oh, and the dishes need done again.
What is with people in my family eating and wearing clothes? Why can't we ingest food via IV's and run around sans clothes? I'd eat green jello all day if I could really. No problem. I hate dishes. But I'm certainly grateful to have food, and clothes to wear. Honestly, you DON'T want to see me sans clothing. Scary. Big Scary.
Have a Good Day today.
4 comments:
hooray! That will be SO much fun!! Which island are you going to? I don't think 9 days will be too long. We were there for 7 and I didn't want to come home other than I missed my kids. Since Elise will be with you I think it'll be great!!!
Have fun!!!!
WOOHOO! Hawaii here you come. You will love it and just like Disneyland, it is the stuff dreams are made of. How's that for cheesy?
i am on the same wave length as your chiro. That sounds so fun!!! If it is any help I snorkeled six months prego and even more embarassing is they made me jump off the boat into the water w/ a water noodle in hand, even worse there is a video of it......and it is currently not in my possession
WOW! I am insanely jealous (yes, I know, I JUST got back from WDW, but oh well). Have so much fun, you deserve it. Give Mike props for me, k?
Post a Comment