Okay, I indulged in E.R. last night, and Mike didn't say anything about it, other than how tired he was... whine whine whine.
It was quite an interesting episode. Not so much blood and surgery, but more reflective than it usually is.
Dr. Banfield relives her past, an experience that no one ever wants to go through, while she's working on a child patient. It was really quite interesting the way they tied Dr. Green back in and his chemotherapy and all that.
Anyway, Dr. Banfield got home from her shift and her husband is sitting on their son's bed, and they finally connect emotionally after what must have been several years. And she finally lets her guard down, lets herself talk about their son's passing away, and finally cries about it. But the words that she said were so profound.
"When your parents die, you are an orphan. When your spouse dies, you are a widow or widower. When your child dies, there is no word for that."
She's right. There isn't. Even with all my faith, all the knowledge I have of what is our plan of salvation, losing a child doesn't have a name because it is just that painful that no one can name it. There are no words to express that condition.
My heart aches for any mother who has lost a child, in any way. Miscarriage, death, still-born, accident, suicide, mishap, war, age.
There are no words for that pain.
I love you!
Vicki
3 comments:
Thank you for making me ball like a big baby!!!
You're awesome, but that really did make me cry!!!
Brandi! I didn't want you to cry, but to know that I love you. It is okay for me to make you cry IF, and only if, you KNOW that I love you and mean well.
OH, I showed my mom her twin sister. She laughed and said,"oh that poor lady!"
My brother said, "Where'd you find her?"
hAHAHAHA!!
I have to admit you're right. I too watched it, but one has to to see Dr. Green one last time and figure out Dr. Banfield! It has been a tear jerking season! Lot's of good memories with Tyler, Jeff, baby J, tapioca pudding...
Love you!
Post a Comment