So let me be perFECTly clear about my "wasted" day. I do this frequently, and I don't feel the least bit bad about it, for the most part... And I thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel free to join me any Tuesday you'd like to.
I got up and started the morning off walking through the kitchen, fully intent on enjoying a lovely breakfast with my husband and our daughter, when I got caught completely unawares by a SMELL. The same smell that catches me off-guard on occasion. And off to the bathroom I darted to spend the first ten minutes of my morning head over the sink, throwing the NOTHING up that was in my stomach. I don't mind this so much, because there is nothing there to puke up, but it still starts the day off wrong.
Mike shouts from the kitchen table, "Anything I can do for you, Vicki?" Between heaves and spitting I mutter, "Can you PALEESE take the garbage OUT of the house?" Thinking in my mind, I know this smell is never going to go away, it is totally in my smell-memory haunting me. But it got the garbage out!!!
Next I enjoyed a bowl of cheerios, while I watched our daughter get ready for school. Hallelujah, she made it on the bus AND Mike went to work.
And I sat down in my lazy chair with the laptop and logged in to Pioneer Woman to continue to read the love story of my dreams! Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Ah Marlboro Man. I married me a different one but he's great all the same.
I spent FOUR hours reading her web-book and waiting, albeit impatiently, for her to post the next installment!! She's got great photos of horses, incredibly simple posts about ranch living, and some great cooking and photography information (that I didn't read!). All the while, I ate as many Wint-o-Green LifeSavers as I could handle. When I finally noticed that it was after NOON, I thought I ought to eat. I am pregnant and all. I got up and made some Angel Hair pasta with some parmesan and an artichoke with 4 Tblsp of melted butter for dipping. Ah, heaven!! I ate the pasta quickly, as I KNOW that I LOVE artichokes and butter. I discovered something new about myself today though... I really really love butter more than I do artichokes! Hmm. I cooked a second artichoke and more melted butter. MMMM.
And then I had a few small brownies. Thanks Mike for cutting the entire 9x9 of brownies into very small pieces. (All of this by the way has been done in exactly what I slept in last night, plus a beanie!!) I have had a couple glasses of water, and I went to check on the horses, they let themselves into the lane sometime before I got to them at 145. Which is fine I guess, I'm the back up for the back up who called me at 145 to go check on them. They were grazing peacefully right where they should be, by the cemetery!!
Our daughter is home now, I've watched a tiny bit of TV, talked with Mike on the phone (he called me, which rarely happens actually) and started the fireplace going. I'm trying to get our daughter to go outside and play with her dog who desperately wants some attention and some exercise.
So now I ought to maybe get started on looking like I didn't do nothing today. Mike is coming home sooner than usual tonight, we need to get homework done, laundry put away that I folded late last night, and helpful hands just put out my fire in attempt to make it better.
Oh, the artichokes were good. Real good.
And I updated my mommabookworm blog. Check it out here. Oh, and you ALL need to blog MORE cause I get SO bored during my day at home... Please!!!
2 comments:
Don't you love days like that? Except... I end up feeling like a total bum at the end of them, but you, miss vicki, have a good excuse! P.S. Ever tried putting a little lemon in the butter that you dip the artichokes in? Mmmmmmm soooo good!
I LOVE reading your blog! I completely adore you! I am working on my email back to you but I have kids sick with the flu and that has been consuming my past 3 WEEKS!!!
Post a Comment