Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Sandwich Cake

Pumpkin Sandwich Cake

3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 recipe of Chocolate Cream Icing
preheat oven to 375 degrees. grease bottoms and sides of 2 8x1 1/2 inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with wax paper. flour pans lightly. mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
in second bowl beat eggs, sugar with electric beater on med high speed for 5 minutes until thick. beat in pumpkin. add flour mixture and beat just until combined. spread in cake pans and bake 16 to 18 minutes. Until center comes out clean. cool 10 minutes, remove from pans and continue to cool.
for filling in a chilled bowl beat whipping cream until until soft peaks appear. set aside and beat cream cheese until softened and beat in powdered sugar. fold in whipped cream.
assemble cake, put one layer on plate, spread the cream filling, add second layer, then frost with icing. sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over cake (I put mine in the cake mix) Chill one hour before serving. store cake loosely covered in fridge.

Chocolate Cream Icing
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate pieces.
heat whipping cream just to boiling and pour over chocolate pieces let sit for 5 min. stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Let cool 15 min ice cake (top and sides).

Found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens magazine

2 comments:

The Cantwell Clan said...

You're KILLIN' ME smalls! That pumpkin cake sounds fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, I feel like I gained 10 pounds just by reading this delicious recipe! It sounds so yummy! I don't know if I could exude any ounce of self control if I made this one! :)