Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Little Reminders

Some blogs I go to, visit and track are blogs to catch up with people, friends, family. What I could call a cheap way of a phone call. I feel incredibly connected to these friends that I blog with. But that should not ever replace that personal connection that people have. Touch, talk, sound, feeling, sharing. Those things can't be quite as eloquently or as completely expressed and explored online. There are a few other blogs that I go to, visit, or track because they bring me peace of mind, laughter on my lonely days, and a sense of reality.

The one that I read the most often is cjanerun.

I hope that more and more and more people read her blog. Join in her journey. Feel her pain and pray with her and her sister for her recovery and the recovery of her husband. It is a really long story to tell completely, so go to her blog and soak it in. NieNie's story breaks my heart, but it also gives me HOPE for better things. A perspective on what life REALLY is about. And I also hope that I have a sister that loves me that much. Sometimes I'm worried that I've isolated myself from my family because of all the "drama" and tried to shield myself from it all and only find myself playing that all out without their help. It is quite frustrating to become the person you truly don't want to be, when you are truly trying to be away from that person and that influence.

There is another blog that I watch for inspiration sake and that is the blog of Josh Pack.

He too has an inspiring story of recovery that he is going through RIGHT NOW.

We each have trials in our lives to conquer, overcome, endure. Daily we struggle with little and big things. How we learn from them, respond to them and move forward are so key to our own daily recovery, our eternal recovery.

Bless you all in your journeys and adventures. May you find joy and laughter in your trials in ADDITION to finding the purpose or lesson behind it.
~Vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration! You are truly an amazing woman!
I love reading your blog.
You're right too, we haven't yet had the chance to become besties, but now that we live so close to each other we really should take advantage! Let me know when you are feeling ok. We should get together!