Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Have you ever felt that pull?

Last Sunday I felt something I don't recall feeling before, ever. Maybe I have, but this time it seemed so different. It was a spiritual PULL. I could feel some pretty intense feelings of love, understanding, forgiveness, longing to be closer to the Spirit... It was accompanied by an amazing and humbling crushing of my pride. And it grew stronger and stronger through the day. By bedtime I wondered what it really was. I still do. But I will be satisfied in believing in my heart that it might have been an answer to my husband's fasting that day... I haven't asked him why he was, but he was and it wasn't Fast Sunday. And I'll settle with the other strong impression that I felt, that my Heavenly Father knows ME and He wants ME to be CLOSER to HIM, every day. And I need to work on some things in that department. I've felt a bit closer to our Savior the last week, I've been trying hard to feel where and what He wants me to do. In all this hustle and bustle of Christmas and entertaining it has been somewhat difficult as I'm sure it is for most everyone else.

So I guess this is a Thank you. If you prayed and had me in mind or heart last Sunday, I felt it. And there have been times when I should have good reason to feel prayers from others, but THIS time when nothing particular is 'going on' I felt it. It hurt and it was warm all in the same. I loved that pull, that spiritual pull away from temporal. It was very very tangible for me.

Have any of you ever felt that before? I hope you haven't 'had' to, but I hope that you maybe 'got' to.

Merry Christmas.

Here's to a New Year of memories, and being closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ!

~Vicki

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Merry Christmas Vicki! The Sunday before Christmas always feels special to me too. I listen to the Christmas music on you blog all the time! Love it!. Thanks for posting it...I have definitely taken advantage of it!

Stephanie said...

I love you Vicki. Thanks for posting about your sweet and tender feelings - they gave ME a little spiritual pull that I was needing!