Last night I was chatting it up with one of my friends while we watched out faithful YW play volleyball and she mentioned to me NieNie's latest post. I don't know how I missed it. So I read it this morning. No it isn't the Halloween pics, though her children are absolutely adorable in their costumes (my fav is the little witch), but the other post, the one just before that.
I have one thing to say to that lady that met NieNie at the grocery store.
I'm sorry you feel bad enough inside about yourself that you had to beat up a poor woman with your words. She's suffered enough. She will continue to suffer enough physical and mental torment the rest of her life here on earth. How thoughtless, how CARE-LESS, and further more, I'm sure your mother taught you at least ONCE in your life that "if you don't have anything NICE to say, don't say ANYTHING AT ALL."
There I've said my peace this morning. May this be a reminder for us all to THINK before we OPEN our MOUTHS. Sticks and stones may break your bones, and yes, words DO hurt.
I wish I had a magic wand, or at least a band-aid sometimes to heal others' pain. I'd wave my wand for Jami, David, NieNie & Christian, Brandi, Ward, oh so many. But I don't. All I have is my heart to give and the knowledge that I gain from their experiences. The chance to serve others' continues to show up in our lives. May I never let it pass me by. Don't ignore those urges, don't ignore those posts on FB, or their blogs. I've been SO blessed by several little 'fairies' lately that have listened to that little voice and brought me exactly what I needed that day. Soup, a smile, a hug, or even Dr. Pepper. I hope I can be as helpful and thoughtful to someone else, and to them. I'll be sad that they get to experience whatever, but I'll be happy to help.
Thank you little fairies, you KNOW who you are!!
2 comments:
Your words of encouragement help more than you know!! Love you!
You are so thoughtful and it is nice to know that someone else is brave enough to put what they are thinking, out there! Your words speak the truth. I just wish people would get it through their thick heads and think what kind of an example they set for others!
Post a Comment