Monday, April 27, 2009

Mike's Camera

So I really want to post some cute pics of McKenna's first bath... but they are on Mike's camera, and Mike always has his camera with him, and I'm not with him, he's at work I'm at home... so I'll find something else to post about. Maybe.

Oh here is something. I follow NieNie and her sister CJane and Pioneer Woman. On CJane I'm in her list of "followers" or something. For the longest time I've been wondering if I'll ever make it onto her page on the side bar. Then today something magical happened and there I was. My little pic of me and my nephew were on the side of CJane's blog!! Wahoo!! That was fun, and I almost missed it.

On PW, she posted recently about her boys wrestling. This was particularly amusing to me because my husband's family of 5 boys and 1 girl (yes, Tilda is in the middle! Oh and that isn't her real name.) wrestling isn't just a sport, or a past-time, it has at times seemed like life, or air, or their very existence. They wrestle with Uncle George, many of you know Uncle George. He is nearing 60 folks, has Downs Syndrome, and loves to annoy those boys. He'll pick on them just like anyone else's Uncle would and they dish it right back. Which often results in the rest of us curling up tighter on the couch so that they don't squash our feet as they roll and tickle and pinch each other during their matches on the Sunday floor.



This is the brother that wrestled Mike a few weeks ago in MY living room. They nearly gave me a heart attack, hives and a mild stroke. I was nursing McKenna in my favorite chair and they just jumped on each other. My decorations for Easter rocking precariously on the top of my piano... I have yet to grow acustomed to actual real life wrestling in MY house. I grew up with girls, we fought over the bathroom and clothes, no wrestling involved, though there may have been swearing and crying and definitely name calling.

And what is with some people not being able to read my posts?? I've had reports of my typing looking in all symbols. What is UP with that?

I need to feed my beautiful baby girl now. She has her first cold, thanks to her loving kind sharing big sister and the stupid bugs at school.


She's just too sweet to say no to, at least, not yet!

P.S. If ANY Of you know of a totally completely awesome stroller that I just must try out, please please please let me know. I'm looking for one. I want one that won't stop when I hit gravel or dirt, as I INTEND on getting back outside and in better shape pretty soon here.

1 comment:

Jami said...

It was so good to see you the other night! I do want to come and hang out with you and your girls! McKenna is beautiful, and of course Elise is adorable, just like their Mom!