So, I went to the doc today. I go every Monday and we laugh and have a good time and I pester him relentlessly about "when" and "why" and "how come I don't" and all that. Apparently I've "twisted his arm" (and that is a direct quote, ask mom, she was there) far enough that he has conceeded to reserve an induction date. My next appointment will put me at 39 weeks, 1 day. If he told me at 10 am that he could induce me THAT day, I'd have to run home, pack all my stuff (I tried to pack it, but can't give up my nightgowns yet!!) make sure Elise was ready for her plans, the dog was cared for, get Mike out of his work clothes (aka yucky muddy boots and pants) and try to keep my bp from raising all that time.... SO we decided that if I'm "ripe" on Monday, I'll be "riper" on Wednesday, and I'll have time to plan, etc. So, Wednesday April 8th we'll try to get this beautiful baby girl out of my belly. IF, yes IF, my bishop score is 8 or greater. Right now I'm sitting at a 6... oh, this has zero to do with church, though it sounds like it could!! I don't remember 7 years back to my bishop scores for Elise's delivery... must not have been too good cause he wouldn't start me until AFTER my due date. Yes, I went over, 8 whole days and 12 hours on my first baby. Lucky me!! She was baked to perfection I believe. Now, if I'm not "ripe" on Monday, then I'll check back in on Weds, if I'm still not "ripe" we wait it out past the due date and induce on the 13th for sure. I'm not excited about giving birth on that day for two very distinct reasons. 1) My high school loves' birthday is on that day. He's a great guy, but honest to pete I'm not in touch with him and I don't want to remember him every year. Seriously! And 2) The 13th falls on Friday's ALL THE TIME... and given bf's experiences with having his bday on the 13th, I'd rather wait for another day. Oh, and there is a 3) I was hit by a car as a child on a Friday the 13th. Okay, she totally just nudged me, I didn't even get a bruise, but SHE freaked me out! She made me get in her car to drive me home from school (her old grandma was in the car so I wasn't THAT worried about stranger-danger) and she totally ticked off my mom, or scared her, or whatever. There are few things in MY childhood that my mom specifically remembers about me, and this is one of them.
Now I'm wondering when Mike will call me to go out for lunch. I'm starving, but if I snack I won't be able to actually eat a meal. Has something to do with being pregnant and not able to digest food quickly and this huge bump that kicks and rolls around and takes up too much room.
By the way Mom, if you read this: Sweetheart is sleeping how Lacee usually sleeps. Body on the ottoman, head on the chair... yup, she's sweet! And Lacee is curled up on one of the dog bags, the brown one. Max is in his crate resting as per instruction earlier. He did go out and go potty first thing. And he still looks as happy as ever! Thanks for coming today, it was good to have you there with me!
5 comments:
YAY! Can't wait!
WAhoo!!!!
Thats so exciting! You are getting so close, I can't wait to hear what you name her. Good luck!
Good luck Vicki and pick out a good one. We'll be thinking of you and waiting for pics to be posted. dc
Vicki, it is Friday today. I am thinking about you and hoping you are not still pregnant! :)
Post a Comment