Monday, February 2, 2009

A Few Things

I was hoping to be posting pics from my most recent adventure to Moab from last week, but I think Mike took his camera to work... and I don't think he left pics on the computer for me... :( I'll have to add those later, but here's a quick update of some things.
(PS I got the camera!!!!! See post above for pics in a slide show!)

Went to Moab last week. Mike's work was doing a solar installation on the roof of the Moab Arts & Recreation Building/Center (they call it the Marc there, which left me speechless the first few times trying to figure out who Mark was... duh Vick!!) The array (arrangement of solar panels!) looks really nice on their roof. And Mike & Co always always always do great clean work so the WHOLE thing looks fantastic, and they even cleaned up after themselves. I love that I can say that about them. They are good boys!

I hiked around Arches one of the three or was it four days we were there... yah, it was very pretty, and I was very adventurous for a pregnant lady travelling solo in a huge park with little to no cell phone service... I went about half-way through the Park Avenue hike. That was cool. I hiked to the end of the lookout to Delicate Arch, the upper one, then upon reaching the top and thinking "man that is far away! AND that was a long uphill walk." I turned around and went down the hill to hike the small (okay it was 20 feet) length to the lower lookout, and amazingly got the same view... So, if you are planning on just doing the lookout, go for the lower one; saves time and energy. You can even use the same zoom on your camera and get the same pictures. But if you have the time and the energy and aren't 7 months pregnant, go for the LONG walk all the way to the Arch, I've heard it is great. I also hiked in to see Skyline Arch (it might be Skysomethingelse Arch, but this is my blog so I'll name it what I please). That was fun. I saw bunny tracks in the snow and only one other person had been there to mess up the snow besides me and that darn rabbit. It was cool to get that close to an arch, but that one is way up there!
I drove to the Devil's Garden Campground and that was neat. I'd stay there it was very pretty. Oh, side note, when in Arches in the winter, wear fleece lined jeans, the wind is SO cold. But with the sun out, you'll still feel great if you are really workin hard, which I wasn't.

We ate at some interesting places. Eddie McStiff's (oh my what a name). Moab Brewery (I highly suggest this hot spot, and not for the brew!). And the italian place on 100 North. We ate at some mexican flavor restaurant that had great chicken taquitos, but I wouldn't highly suggest them... I think that is all the eating out we did. The hotel had great breakfast (HA! Not!) but I ate there happily for free every morning.

Pregnancy: I got told to "lay low" for the next 4 weeks. If it causes me to have contractions, stop doing it (which means it by the way you didn't need to know that but you do now!!!) And I could use some more water I guess. Oh, and he said, "constipation is not your friend either so don't do that"... LIKE I WOULD TRY FOR THAT ONE!! Yup, I AIM for that daily. heck. And baby is doing great. I got a great picture of her left hand at rest. She napped through the ultrasound this morning. Hands up by the sides of her head, a lot like Elise slept. Oh and her feet are still in my right ribcage if you need to know. Due date still the same... and heartburn is raging still. I did get a prescription for something new to try on that front. I've had my last after dinner shake/dessert until she's born cause that is a sure-fire way to end up with an all-night session of heartburn, acid reflux AND no sleep.

This post needs pics... I'll get them on here tonight. Arches was SO pretty.

Love to ya'll!

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

You go girl! Hiking around like a real Moabian. We are headed down next month for the big race. I am lookin forward to some sunshine!

Jami said...

I cant believe you did all that being pregnant. You were always one to accomplish whatever you set your mind to. Your awesome!