Here I sit with a 'New Leaf' staring me in the face... No pressure.
Writing has been a dream of mine for a long time. I wrote my first 'book' in sixth grade. Ok everyone did. It was an assignment. But I felt deeply that I had potential there. My story was a far cry from creative, but I enjoyed it. I can still remember the basic story. It was somewhat a mimic of The Enchantress of Crumbledown, one of my favorite books at that age. I did the illustrations too, that solidifies my lack of artistic ability! Stick figures and me are fine, beyond that, no go!
My seventh grade English teacher mentioned to me that I have promise in writing. Which boosted my confidence a tiny bit. Again another teacher in High School urged me to write more.
Most of the things I've written have been quite personal. A story about my father and his life and mine through his last months of his life. I don't share these stories. They are a lot like a journal to me. As I mature as a writer through blogging and reviewing books, maybe I will share some of these personal stories.
So New Leaf, Appear turned over... anytime now!
No comments:
Post a Comment