This could be TMI for some of you. If it is, just don't read it, and maybe I'll get rid of it. hee hee. But the end might be funny.... I haven't ended it yet!
Not too long ago, okay almost 4 months ago, I had a baby. I really did, promise I'm not having another one even though that belly is still out there showing off. Anyway, at day 8 I got mastitis. Horrible! But I survived those mammoth sized antibiotics. Not long after that, okay at 6 weeks I had that check-up feeling perky and alive again I didn't think anything of anything. But my doc thought differently about this really hard spot. So, what was it? He wasn't taking any chances, so he sent me to get it looked at. I tell you the doc at Utah Imaging here in Ogden is terrific! Excellent bedside manner and he's a take charge, no-nonsense about breast disease kind of guy, Tomayo is his last name. I'd go see him for a cold, he's awesome. Though he may laugh at you for coming to see him for a cold. Love him! And mammograms are not all that painful, at least mine wasn't, and I'm lactating, AND i was letting down at the time of impact. Not bad at all, really. If you don't believe me, ask Doris my tech in the mam room, we had a great chat and got altogether too closely acquainted! ;)
Results wise it looked like a Black Hole on the ultra-sound. After a harried, hurried, long, exhausting trip to UofU in SLC, AND HCI (the most beautiful building you pray you never have to go to ever) and then back to Ogden a month later for a biopsy (don't bother bringing someone to hold your hand for one of these, doc on one side shoving copious amounts of numbing agents into your chest, while on your other side the u/s tech is getting it all on the u/s prior to poking a pen sized object into your Galactocele. Not exactly fun, but it didn't hurt that much, and recovery hasn't been that bad either.
But in the thinking of what is going on there, just the names of the things. At Huntsman the wonderful doc that saw me kept saying it could be a Galactocele, but it looks just like this huge Black Hole... I laid there and looked at her and the u/s monitor and asked,
"So is this a result of watching too many Star Trek episodes? Cause it sure sounds spacey to me!"
She didn't laugh. Why didn't she laugh? Because I don't think she got it. She's in a very serious place, so I won't hold it against her, and I hopefully won't be going back ever not even to visit.
But Tomayo did laugh at my joke. And he's a serious guy, he just doesn't have breasts at risk! ;)
"So is this a result of watching too many Star Trek episodes? Cause it sure sounds spacey to me!"
She didn't laugh. Why didn't she laugh? Because I don't think she got it. She's in a very serious place, so I won't hold it against her, and I hopefully won't be going back ever not even to visit.
But Tomayo did laugh at my joke. And he's a serious guy, he just doesn't have breasts at risk! ;)
So all is well, I just got a call from Tomayo's office on the biopsy results. Benign, that means no cancer, but it also means I've got an uncured infection though it isn't hurting me I don't think.... Mike will have words at me over this part cause those mammoth sized pills had me all confused.
So I've got another phone call to make, and Elise is bored... imagine that. I do hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying your summer.
5 comments:
Holy cow Vic, I am so glad you are ok. A few years ago I had a lump that they thought might be ovarian cancer and it was scary. So glad all is well.
Wow, that is so scary! I am glad you are ok though!!! Take care!
Hello!! How did I miss this post??? Scary stuff there sister. I hear a mamogram feels like a garbage truck is backin over your breast............is this a sensored blog?? can I use that word?? Glad you are doing good!!
Cheers!!
Im so glad you are ok, you have such a good attitude! Love you!
Vic, I laughed out loud at your joke! Sometimes people in healthcare are such squares.
That must have been so scary! I can't even imagine! I am so glad that it is benign and that you are all right. You are such a brave, amazing woman!
Post a Comment