How many people do you know that would blog about their puking experience? I hope only me.
This is the story of the first time I've puked during this current pregnancy. May it be my last.
Last night I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with Mike and Elise. Mike cooked sirloin buffalo steaks, and I cooked spaghetti. Very yummy combo.
We sat down to eat. I'm constantly 24/7 nauseated. But it wasn't really bothering me. I hate sirloin steak, it just tastes SO much like liver, I just don't like it at all. Mike usually can season it so it doesn't taste like sirloin. He did as usual, a decent job.
I ate slow and easy and got down to my last three bites of steak. Put one in my mouth, and gag!!! It had that instant tastes like liver have to get it out of my mouth reflex! Next came the churning. I swore and slammed my fist on the table and covered my whole face. I didn't want to throw up. Not ALL that dinner! I tried to talk myself into keeping it down. Didn't happen.
I ran, no I SPRINTED, to the bathroom that was 20 feet behind me and to the toilet around a corner and I made it. I got it in my hair, on my shirt, ALL over the toilet, but it wasn't on my family! Mike followed with, "what was wrong with that piece of steak? Can I help you? Are you ok?"
Between heaves I told him to get me a washcloth and a drink of water. Elise came in and said something like, "I knew she wouldn't make it!" and Mike hurried her out the door.
I tell you, I don't think I've ever felt so GOOD after puking in my entire life!! That was terrific! A shame such a good dinner got wasted, but it had to go I guess! I showered, brushed my teeth, and made me a jello-drink and enjoyed the rest of my evening with my family.
Hope ya'll keep your dinner down!!
3 comments:
No way! I am so happy for you! Not that you puked, but that you are pregnant. Are you crazy excited?
What does Elise think? Is she excited?
Well congratulations!!!
Ok so, I read the little disclaimer on the side after I wrote my last comment so ignore the whole thing about what Elise thinks!
Sorry, duh!
Oh Vicki, I am sitting her LOL! I am sorry to be laughing at your expense. Your description is just so vivid.....
I hope you aren't puking the whole time. Are you feeling okay now?
Post a Comment