SHADOW: June 1990- December 1, 2007
Tonight, when I got home from work, my husband took me in his arms and very carefully told me some pretty sad news. He said, "Vicki, I have a problem and a question. Which do you want first?" I, not understanding what he had in mind, told him to just get it out. He asked me if I needed him to beat around the bush at all, and I told him, "No, what is it?" He shared with me that on the first snowfall of the season, my beautiful white kitten was killed by a passing car. He cleaned her up and buried her by the pine trees at the side of our road by our home. A fairly good place for her little body to rest, though I would have preferred to lay her in a bed of white daisies, but it is winter! I had told him several times, and many of our family that are up here, that if this were to happen that this is exactly what they should do, and tell me later. I just couldn't bury my cat. She was my sisters, but she owned my father and I got the luxury of caring for her the last 7 years. She's been with us for all of our moves and through all of our joy and pain. Dad loved her and I know she is better. I won't have to worry about her being warm enough at night, or have enough to eat, or being safe to cross our busy street to drink from the stream. I keep water out for her, but you know cats, they prefer running water, even toilet water! We haven't told Elise yet. I plan on telling her tomorrow after church when we can visit where Mike buried the Jade Princess.
She will be greatly missed, at least by me and Elise. A big piece of home just left me, my father's cat. I guess that now, I truly have to "grow up".
I'll miss you!!!!!
1 comment:
I am SO sorry to hear about that. It is so hard to loose a pet, but especially one that has been a friend and family member for so long. :( I am sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment